Luke made a written 2 part documentary of the life of Jesus and the story of his followers based upon his own experience and the eyewitness accounts of the disciples.This series will look at 8 images of the church that are found in this “documentary” of the life of Jesus Christ and the birth of Jesus Christ’s church.
- 9/16/18 – The Church is a New Kind of Generation (Acts 2)
Every generation has distinct brokenness, this generation has unique restoration.
- 9/23/18 – The Church is a Party Like No Other (Luke 5)
Ain’t no party like a Jesus party.
- 9/30/18 – The Church is a Group of Friends You Can’t Separate (Acts 20 – 21)
Life and circumstances separate the best of friends, but believers will always be connected.
- 10/7/18 –The Church is a Godly Force for Good (Luke 11:28-50)
When plugged into the endless power supply of heaven, the church can not be stopped.
- 10/14/18 –The Church is a Blessing to the City (Acts 11:19-30)
While our modern church is a suburban and rural mainstay, the church of Jesus flourished in the biggest and most broken of cities.
- 10/21/18 –The Church is a Dream Team (Luke 10:1-24)
The first followers of Jesus were not impressive on paper, but they turned the world upside down.
- 10/28/18 –The Church is a Collection of Broken but Blessed People (Luke 6)
In the face of poverty and persecution the people of God still rejoice.
- 11/4/18 –The Church is a Celebration of Changed Lives (Acts 16)
Even in prison, the difference Jesus made in the lives of people was worth celebrating.